Reporting problems with pnm2ppa
If you are reading this page, then you probably are having trouble
installing or configuring pnm2ppa. Please go through the following
steps before sending email.
- Read the documentation included in the archive. That's what it's
- Read the FAQ!!! It should answer most of
- Check the archives for ppa.users and/or ppa.devel to see if your
question has been answered before.
If you did all the above and are still having problems, you have
two options. You can either send me email, or post a message to one
of the mailing lists. The mailing lists are especially useful if you
have unusual hardware or product-specific questions (e.g. How can I
get StarOffice to print?). I don't have many of these software
packages, so I don't know. If you send me email, please include the
- Your printer model
- Your Linux kernel version (e.g. 2.2.9). To find this out, type
- Your Linux package (e.g. RedHat, Debian, SuSe, etc.) and the
- All error messages or status messages you received
- The steps you took to get where you are
- The contents of your configuration files, including /etc/pbm2ppa.conf,
/etc/printcap, and any other files you have changed.
- If it happens with only certain postscript files, and one of the files is
small (less than 100k), attach it to the email
Also include any other information you think is relevant.